Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Stampotique Challenge - Summertime

Well a perfect challenge awaits us over at Stampotique - SUMMERTIME and thats exactly what we are currently getting over here in the UK - beautiful sunshine!!!

Talented designer Carol is our hostess for this weeks challenge and this is what she says about her Summertime theme

"I love the summer time. I love to spend time outdoors especially in the garden where you can sit surrounded by the sights and colours of summer. I used this as my thoughts for this weeks challenge. Whether its the bright summer colours that inspire you, the flowers or just the general lazy feeling you can get from an afternoon in the garden, take this summer and make it into your own work of art. Carol x
 
I decided to decorate a balsa wood box that I have had in my stash for months.  I inked up a piece of A4 paper with Distress Inks Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans, Spritzed with water, inked again through a flower stencil and a circle stencil and spritzed again.  I then used the  Large Bee (3008) stamp and stamped it randomly on the box, coloured the body with a yellow Prisma coloured pencil and added glossy accents to the wings.  Abstract Foliage (3031) was added around the edge and here it is... 
 
 
 


Please pop over to the Stampotique challenge site to see what fantastic creations my Design teamies have created - hope you will join in

Polly x

5 comments:

  1. oh love the blues and the bees and just perfect for our current weather I was wondering if there were any chocolate in the little box??
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little beauty! Salty Ocean is one of my fave colors in the Distress line. I really like the addition of the glossy accents, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Polly, I love these colours and the stencil is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete