Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Live, Laugh, Love - Scrap layout of my daughter Viki

This is a scrap page that I've been working on for quite a few nights now :O) - I'm indecisive ;O) and slow :O)!!!!

I love these photos of my daughter Viki and everytime I look at them I just think of Live, Laugh, Love so that's what I've used as the title page.

Papers are K&CO which have been distressed and inked with Walnut Stain, the large oval was handcut and the scalloped edging behind that is actually small 1" circles taped behind it. The lace I've had in my stash for yonks and white pearls were added at each of the lace peaks! The branches are from a Sissix die used in the cuttlebug and the flowers and butterflies are from dies similar to the Nestabilities but not :O) - not sure who they were by (anything new and the packaging comes off and in the bin within seconds) - they were lightly sanded for a shabby-like look and here it is. This was a sketch I followed by the very talented Alda Stevens/ Flying Unicorn - this is one very attractive and inspiring blog so if you have time its well worth visiting.

And here it is..



Thats definitely my last post for today - thanks for looking Polly xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh Polly - I don't care how long you take to create these or how indecisive you are. If you were not you they would not be so beautiful and inspiring
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it might have taken you a couple of nights to complete but it was time well spent, gorgeous way of embellishing the oval and the pop of pink in the butterflies is just such a pretty touch, lovely pic of yur daughter BTW TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Polly! I love your lo's!! both are so beautiful and soft!! I adore the photos on the first!! beautiful work!
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete