Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Joining in with Kate Cranes 366 art calendar

As you know from previous posts, I have been 'trying' to have a go at mixed media backgrounds and failing dismally.  Kate Cranes DVDs have been played over and over again but as soon as I look at a page to start it - my mind just becomes blank!  So this morning I didnt even think about it, (if the worse came to the worse I could always tear out the pages and start again :O) so I prepped the pages with gesso, waited patiently for them to dry then spritzed them with water. I swirled Spun Sugar and Peeled Paint distress stains all over the page, closed the pages and pressed them together, opened the pages and then scraped on some white paint with a credit card, spritzed Dylusions Garnet Ink spray over some Prima masks, and VOILA - a page that I quite liked.  So whilst watching the chickens destroy the garden even more today I cut up paper squares, inked them with Ranger Vintage Photo, stuck them down, added some Dylusion toadstools and inked up and painted Doolally Doris.  And here it is - all ready to link up to The Kathryn Wheel. 



To say I am chuffed with myself is an understatement - my first 2 pages in my sketch book just about completed.  Honestly,  I can't stop opening my A4 sketch journal up and looking at it lol.

Thanks for looking

20 comments:

  1. lovely page just my colours and doolaly doris is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Polly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this....you have certainly made a fantastic start to the calendar challenge. Look forward to a catch up VERY soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really like your pages and yes I share your "panic" at creating this kind of stuff, but I want to give it a go so I'm giving it a go! jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a fab page, and I'm so glad you overcame your fear of the white page! There is only one way to overcome that fear and that is to just start! The colours and all the stamped elements work so well - you have every right to feel proud of yourself. Looking forward to seeing this filled in, and your future pages. Thanks for joining the challenge, it's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink and the toadstools - nice cheerful pages for January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly your 1st page looks fantastic, love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love it - everything combines really well and I LOVE the toadstools against the pink and the little doodle all along the edge. Bet you can't wait to make another one now! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Polly...these pages are absolutely beautiful. I love all the pink and the toadstools are fantastic. Very you!!!
    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic page! The colour is just beautiful and I love the little toadstools, well done you for just 'doing' it!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what gorgeous pages love the colour choice and all the little toadstools, hope you had a lovely time
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally know the feeling of wanting to go check if it still looks like i think it looks! and with those kind of pages, it's an unrepressable feeling: they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pages! Love all the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab u lous!!!! Brilliant colours and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the calendar page-I'm new to this and it is great to see what other people are doing. Happy New Year!
    Margaretx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great page polly the colours are fab just love it x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the calendar page-I'm new to this and it is great to see what other people are doing. Happy New Year!
    Margaretx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! Don't know how long I'll last with the challenge LOL! Love your gorgeous page :) xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely page, love the colour! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Polly - I also find blank pages a bit daunting, and am trying a 'don't over-think it approach'- love your pretty pink calendar page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pages! Colors are wonderful and the girl is cute.

    ReplyDelete