Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

July challenge now open at Our Vintage Affair

Over at Our Vintage Affair our July challenge has now been announced - the theme is Weddings!  Very appropriate as July seems to be the most popular month for brides to walk down the aisle here in the UK!

I decided that as the criteria for the challenge has been changed slightly - cards or altered items can now be included in the entries - I wanted to decorate a candle!

I found a lovely vintage image of a bride on Google images and set to work figuring out how to transfer the image onto tissue paper!  I sprayed a light coat of temp. adhesive onto a piece of card and carefully laid the tissue paper onto the card.  I then trimmed it and popped it into the printer and voila!!!  It worked!!  Be careful when removing the tissue from the card as I actually tore a couple!  Then it was just a question of placing it on the candle, wrapping it up in greaseproof paper and heating it gently with my heat gun.  And here it is ...


I hope you will pop over to Our Vintage Affair and see what the other DT's have made and hopefully this will inspire you to join in with us.

Thanks for looking x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! Polly, this is a gorgeous candle, a perfect gift ! Greetings from Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful decoration
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete